This article explains how to add new devices to Animus Heart and how to remove an already added device.
The initial step of adding a new device is generic, but later it will depend on the type of device you are adding. Whichever device you are trying to add, you will be guided throughout the whole adding-process.
- Navigate to the Device-page in the Animus Home GUI from a computer or the App.
2. Click on the Add new device button on the bottom right
(In the app, the add button is on the top right corner [+])
Add new device
To add new Z-Wave devices to the Z-Wave Network with Animus Heart, follow the steps below.
- After following the generic steps for adding a new device, choose the option Z-wave Devices.
- Next choose if you want to have a Guided setup or Automatic.
What is the difference?
- Guided: By choosing guided you will be able to choose the exact product you are trying to add and also see the installation steps from that specific device on how to add it to a gateway. Note, the Animus Heart GUI doesn't show installation steps on all devices, meaning the list there is smaller than what is possible to add.
- Automatic: By choosing automatic you will start the inclusion mode of the gateway immediately. If you know how the specific device is added to a gateway, this is a faster procedure.
- No matter if you choose Guided or Automatic, you will end up in a view where the gateway is put in inclusion mode. The inclusion process lasts 60 seconds and during this time you need to put the device in pairing mode. Usually you have to press a button on the device three (3) times quickly. To be sure on how you add your device, please read the manual of the device for more details.
Once the device has been found, your view will change to the interview process. This is where Animus Heart learns about the added device and checks:
a. Encapsulation support (security, multichannel)
b. Basic device information (manufacturer ID, device ID, supported command classes)
c. For each supported Command class:
1. Check version
2. Check command specific capabilities
3. Create GUI function if needed
- If the interview was successful you can now enter a Name to your device and assign it to a Room.
There are currently no device support on bluetooth and no way of adding bluetooth devices.
Devices in Wi-Fi have unique guides for every device. The guide depends on the manufacturer of that device and sometimes an account to their service is required to be able to add the device. Enter the correct guide and follow the steps shown in the GUI.
- After following the generic steps for adding a new device, choose the type of device you wish to add.
In this view possible guides are (excluding Z-Wave): IP Cameras, IKEA lights and Philips Hue Devices
- Follow the guided steps for adding that particular device.
All devices are displayed in the Animus Home GUI, inside the Devices page. To remove a device follow the steps below:
- Enter a device by clicking on it once.
- Enter the device settings by clicking on Edit (gear-icon). (upper right in mobile view and bottom right in desktop view)
- Look for the "Remove device" button and press it once.
- Your device will now open a remove device guide. Click Finish if you wish to proceed with the removing.
Remove Z-Wave device
To remove a Z-Wave device you will be asked to do an additional step on the physical device. After step 1-4, there is a fifth step:
5. Start the removing/exclusion process. You will end up in a view where the gateway is put in exclusion mode. The exclusion process lasts 60 seconds and during this time you need to physically put the device in exclusion mode. Usually you have to press a button on the device once or three (3) times quickly. To be sure on how to do this on your device, please read the manual of the device for more details.