Animus Heart is a multi-protocol gateway for smart home use, making it a perfect hub for smart devices to communicate and cooperate. The product is controlled through a mobile app, any web-browser or through existing voice assistances as Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
The current version of Animus Heart supports the following protocols/RF:
- Z-wave: A protocol in the 868 MHz frequency optimised for smart home use. Animus Heart works as a Z-Wave Plus device with support for S2 security. Animus Heart can be operated in any Z-Wave network with other Z-Wave certified devices from other manufacturers. All non-battery operated nodes within the network will act as repeaters regardless of vendor to increase reliability of the network.
- Wi-Fi / Wired network: Animus Heart connects to devices in your home network, both wireless and by wire.
- Bluetooth: A protocol in the 2.4 GHz frequency commonly used for smartphone accessories.
- 433 MHz: A widespread frequency often used by cheaper devices. Also common among hobbyists that build their own devices. Animus Heart allows to both send and receive commands on this frequency.
The gateway (Animus Heart), containing the proper hardware to communicate with the other smart devices.
Animus Home System is referred to the complete firmware (framework and system) inside your Animus Heart.
Animus Center is the Interface for the Animus Home system.
Installing your Animus Heart
Just received your Animus Heart? See the installation guide here on how to setup your Animus Heart for the first time.
Using Animus Home
Using the Animus Home system is easy. Here are the things you need to get started.
- The controller/gateway, Animus Heart, connects via Wi-Fi or Ethernet to your home network (router).
- The Animus Home app. The app is currently available for iOS and Android.
- Lastly, you need to have smart devices in your home that are supported in the Animus Home system, check our device compatibility list.
Interface screenshots from the app - Animus Home iOS app